Responsible for the efficient and accurate creation and maintenance of space planning diagrams in support of a Global/Regional/local merchandising plan. Supports other space planners with space planning functions. Provides support in the coaching and mentoring of junior team members.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of company purchasing and merchandising processes to effectively support the space planning process.
* Work with purchasing teams to create various iterations of space planning diagrams through the category review process.
* Organize the processes needed for efficient communication and flow of information for category management teams; including but not limited to:Providing information to the category management teams and stores around new item rollouts or discontinuations;Providing order boards and/or tag files as needed for proper implementation of space planning diagrams;Creating printable versions of space planning diagrams for store and/or team use.
* Use all space planning tool functions for creating, maintaining and publishing planograms with Spaceman and support other space planners as needed.
* Actively participate in the development of best practices to improve team efficiencies.
* Actively participate in the coaching, mentoring, and development of new and junior team members.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* High school diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years of relevant functional experience
* A self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented work habit
* Basic level skills in Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, SharePoint, and Microsoft Photo Manager
* Intermediate to advanced level skills with a space planning software, such as Spaceman, Apollo, etc.
* Excellent communication including written, verbal and listening skills
* Excellent visual and problem solving skills required
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
* Intellectual curiosity
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate