Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Manager Senior, Decision Science Analytics for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
This function leads and develops a highly analytical staff that provides decision support for business areas across the enterprise. By serving as a strategic partner to the business this function will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Collaborates or participates with other analytical leaders in driving the strategic direction small and large scale analyses using mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative/quantitative analytical approaches.
- Builds and manages a strong decision science analytical team.
- Provides ongoing feedback and coaching.
- Maintains high team morale.
- Develops team reputation as highly skilled experts in the area of decision science support.
- Oversees and coordinates analytical tasks which include the evaluation of the business problem, analytical methodology, validation, documentation and presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Will also include development and delivery of analytical tools.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Provide input to additional resource needs ranging from IT investments, 3rd party support or additional analysts.
- Provide support for business rationale and justification for additional needs.
- Understands the business direction, environment and strategies for supported domains/clients, to identify and recommend solutions which influence the business and drive change.
- Partners with enterprise analytics teams to build USAA core analytics capabilities and processes.
- Bachelor's degree required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function, 2 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience OR If Master's Degree, 6 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function, 2 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience OR If PhD, 5 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function, 2 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with USAA Modeling and USAA Enterprise data assets.
- Experience with non-USAA Bank Analytics and Compliance
- Experience with segmentation strategies, and deepening metrics frameworks
- Experience leading IT D&A efforts (business rules input, prototyping), delivering business product requirements in operational Predictive Analytics (Efficiency Ratio drivers)
- Experience leading and coaching teams wrt. coding, stakeholder engagement, analyzing/visualizing data, prototyping, while following proper LPM procedures
- Ability to examine and explore data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering insights
- Able to design scalable and manageable solutions that are flexible and can evolve within an ever-changing environment
- Think and strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and generalizable by other team members in the future
- Experience with leading discussions, facilitation, and coaching
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager?s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 02/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.