Position SummaryTexas Oncology in is searching for an Oncology Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse that will oversee nursing services at our Garland, Allen and Rowlett locations. The Nurse Manager coordinates all activities related to nursing functions and patient care, within budgetary constraints. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Texas Oncology delivers high-quality, high-touch care to help cancer patients achieve \"More breakthroughs. More victories.\" ? in their fight against cancer. We are an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends.
Texas Oncology has more than 150 sites of service throughout Texas, with more than 350 physicians dedicated to serving our patients. On average, we treat more than 50,000 new cancer patients each year, with documented growth year over year. Texas Oncology pioneered the concept of community-based, outpatient, multidisciplinary cancer centers. We give local communities access to leading-edge technology that was previously only available in larger metropolitan areas. Texas Breast Specialists and Texas Urology Specialists are a part of Texas Oncology. Texas Oncology is an affiliate of The U.S. Oncology Network, which is owned by McKesson Specialty Health, a division of McKesson Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversees the clinical operations for all nursing clinical support activities.
* Maintains effective nursing staff coverage for the practice and satellites within budgetary constraints.
* Hires and coordinates training for all nursing personnel.
* Directs the correct use of charge codes and educates all staff in correct procedures per reimbursement guidelines.
* Coordinates the completion of performance evaluations for all nursing staff and support.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of applicable labor laws, schedules and coordinates employee vacations, sick leave and overtime.
* Monitors and evaluates patient satisfaction.
* Facilitates QA process in nursing.
* Provides staff training/in-services as required.
* Develops new services and activities for patients, families and staff in accordance with practice service objectives.
* Controls nursing departmental operating costs within budget parameters.
* Establishes and maintains all nursing personnel files. Ensures all licensing and certification criteria are met.
* Provides support and direction as required in the area of clinical research in the practice and ensure nursing staff compliance to the established research protocols.
* Performs tasks assigned to staff nurses as necessary.
* Coordinates and implements internal developmental programs for nursing staff to enhance staff retention.
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (MSN preferred) from an accredited program for professional nursing education from four-year college or university, business education courses preferred.
* Minimum seven years actively practicing as a registered nurse, with three years oncology experience.
* One year managerial experience preferred.
* Experience and knowledge in the management of the physiologic and psychological effects of cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
* RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
* Current CPR certification required.
* OCN credential preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medical preparations and other conditions common to an oncology clinic environment.
About Texas Oncology:
The vision of Texas Oncology is to be the first choice for cancer care. We have high standards for patient satisfaction and offer exceptional value in cancer care. We also strive to advance clinical research and develop innovative approaches to treatment of oncology and hematology disorders.
The mission of Texas Oncology is to provide excellent, evidence-based care for each patient we serve, while advancing cancer care for tomorrow. To this end, we give patients access to the highest quality cancer care available today within their own local communities. Our cutting-edge technologies, treatments and research are offered in welcoming and comfortable environments. We maintain comprehensive quality oversight and responsible financial management. At all times, we pride ourselves in being moral, ethical and efficient as a medical practice and employer.
We extend an extremely competitive offering of benefits to employees, including Medical Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Plan, 401-k with a matching component, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and Wellness & Perks Programs.
Come join our growing organization and enjoy knowing that you work for an organization dedicated to making the lives of others better.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Associated topics: ccu, coronary, intensive care, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse rn, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical