Principal Bridge Engineer - Houston, Texas Opportunity : Parsons
has an immediate opening for an experienced Principal Bridge Engineer
in our Houston, Texas office.
The selected candidate will have the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment and will have exceptional communication, calculation, and organizational skills. In this role, you will Integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, meeting, construction over-site, and start-up aspects of a large, complex project or study in accordance with contractual obligations.
You will provide management and direction for one Engineering discipline or a major section within one of the larger disciplines. You may be assigned to a large program exceeding $400 million in total installed cost as Manager of structural Engineering discipline.
Responsible for the technical excellence of the engineering functions of the project, including coordination of technical disciplines, specification of materials and equipment, and construction planning assistance. A minimum of 10 years of complex structural bridge design of various elements is required for this role. The experience must include complex and interchange bridge design with concrete and steel girder systems.
A Master degree in structural / civil engineering is highly preferred. Relocation to the project site may be required for temporary work orders. Experience with Texas State DOT projects is highly preferred ! Responsibilities :
- Reviews and approves discipline staffing budget estimates and staffing assignment schedules on each project. Maintains appropriate staffing level, including temporary personnel, as needed. Reviews and approves staff forecasting reports.
- If assigned to a major program, manages all specific engineering and design efforts for program's structural discipline. Coordinates structural discipline staffing requirements for the program.
- Monitors the quality and progress of the discipline on each project, ensuring that production requirements are satisfied. Works closely with Project Managers and Task Leads to resolve any existing or fore-casted problems related to discipline staffing, quality of work, schedule performance, or productivity.
- Establishes standards and procedures manuals for the discipline. Recommends improvements to department procedures.
- Helps recruit, interview, and evaluate prospective employees. Mentors, offers personnel development, conducts performance evaluations, and counsels employees, takes corrective actions (as required), and helps approve salary adjustments and terminations. Ensures that new employees receive orientation on company policies and procedures.
- Reviews work (drawings, calculations, reports, specifications, schedules, etc.) produced to ensure that applicable codes, standards, and procedures are followed and that quality is acceptable. Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned technical personnel, and makes reassignments as project needs develop. Provides training and development opportunities for assigned personnel.
- Supports pre-contract and business development efforts as required, serving as technical consultant. Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager. Strives to understand the client's business goals and formulates action plans to enhance the project work and delivery methods.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management. Acts as Project Manager's deputy for certain activities, such as attending meetings in his/her absence, etc. Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines. Reviews and coordinates change orders and supplementals. Notifies project management and other affected personnel of all changes. Participates regularly in decision-making meetings with the client and project management.
- Ensures performance within overhead budgets authorized for the discipline. Actively participates in and promotes the Quality Improvement Program. May head a committee within the discipline, striving to motivate and educate the assigned personnel.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering (or related field) is required.
- A Master's Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering is highly preferred.
- At least 10-12 years of experience with bridge engineering design is required.
- PE or SE Registration is required for this role.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity,
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select, use and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today. Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Associated topics: civil, concrete, department of transportation, draft, foundation design, function, infrastructure, road, soil mechanic, traffic