LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell(www.lyondellbasell.com)manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
This position provides capital and expense projects engineering support to prepare unit improvement job packages, support capital project execution and coordinate the project prioritization work lists. This position will work closely with various technical groups, operations, reliability and maintenance personnel to identify, scope, design, and execute both capital and expense projects across the Bayport Polymers site.
Additional responsibilities include technical supervision of designers and coordinating with document control resources as required, to create job packages and update equipment drawings and documentation. The incumbent must display strong personal initiative and leadership, desire to succeed through personal success, and strong interpersonal skills as well as planning and problem solving capability. Roles & Responsibilities
- Employ the company's Project Management Process in execution of capital projects
- Lead definition of project, scope development, and front end engineering in support of the project objectives
- Lead multi-discipline project management teams, including company and contract personnel, in resolution of technical and commercial issues
- Prepare and implement project execution plans and develop cost effective contracting strategies
- Accountable for project cost and schedule controls, project reporting and obtaining funding for projects
- Must have excellent communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team is essential
- Must display strong personal initiative, planning and problem solving capacity, and effective interpersonal skills
- Routinely prepare and present project updates to senior management
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in the refining/petrochemical/chemical industry is required. 8 to 10 years experience is required for Senior level consideration.
- Some familiarity with applicable engineering codes/standards and their application.
- A working knowledge of SAP or other CMMS software as well as the Management of Change process is required.
- A general knowledge of project management process, equipment, and materials is preferred.
- The successful candidate shall have developed strong estimating skills and will have worked with contractors, vendors and purchasing to accomplish the work scope.
- Strong teamwork, results orientation and organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees is required.
- The individual should also be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the following competencies should be demonstrated:
- Results Orientation
- Champions Change
- Technological Orientation
- Communication Effectiveness
- Impact and Influence
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicitedr?sum?s or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task