Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Job Description
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
The Product Manager, Devices is responsible for full lifecycle management for the Residential Controls portfolio that includes thermostats, zoning and control boards. The role will involve helping in strategic planning, ideation and road mapping to driving tactical activities during the technical development and launch of new products. The Product Manager should be capable in developing business cases aligned to the voice of the customer, business and engineering capabilities and long term strategic platform vision. As a Product Manager, you will work closely with the Business leaders and Stakeholders, Controls and IT architecture teams, and other Product Managers to execute critical and strategic objectives for the residential HVAC controls platform by bringing new and maturing existing capabilities for our dealers and homeowners and drive innovation for the company.
This role will report to the Senior Product Manager, Controls and will be based at Richardson, Texas
- Consumer advocacy
- Tirelessly advocate for the customer for internal stakeholders
- Identify market opportunities based on research and clear user insights
- Deeply understand customers, technology and competition and synthesize into product strategy
- Product Roadmap
- Work with the Senior Product Manager to facilitate the Annual Strategic Assessment of residential HVAC controls devices
- Prioritize ideas into roadmap based on business objectives
- Product Requirements
- Effectively communicate and act as bridge between business, technology, and the customer
- Lead the collection of business requirements from key stakeholders
- Balance technical feasibility with user requirements and timely releases
- Manage design process to define product features and overall product requirements
- Clearly establish and communicate the value proposition of new products
- Product development core team member
- Collaborate with multiple teams to guide projects through development and bring high quality products to production
- Work collaboratively with operations, legal, regulatory, customer support and engineering to identify and resolve risks to our product development plan.
- Balance tradeoffs to optimize time-to-release, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
- Own multiple projects concurrently
- Product Knowledge
- Be a subject matter expert for your product suite and/or product project, including its features and functionality, and connections to other parts of the business.
- Grow knowledge of our product portfolio and infuse that into our product development.
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Proven experience with multiple full product lifecycles, from concept to delivery.
- Strong knowledge of technology, design, and user story definition preferred.
- Communicates Effectively: Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in tactfully communicating with the business, leading/facilitating meetings, presenting to groups, and writing detailed reports.
- Planning and alignment: Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments that are aligned with organizational goals.
- Decision quality: Demonstrated Ability to problem-solve both independently and in team settings, as well as, to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Action Oriented: Demonstrated ability to have a Proactive mindset with desire to take initiative to improve products and processes, proactively communicate with teams, follow up on issues, and bring projects to a closure.
- Nimble learning: Demonstrated ability to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems.
- Situational Adaptability: demonstrated ability to adapt to shifting demands in different situations
- Being Resilient: Demonstrated ability to rebound from setbacks & adversity when facing difficult situations
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task