The Gun Shop Manager is responsible for maintain gun shop inventory, personnel and maintenance.
* Directly reporting to Vice President, Wireline
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
* Coordinate operations of gun shop in conjunction with field needs.
* Order of materials and supplies to continue operations.
* Provide support to Operations Manager coordinating field jobs and supplies.
* Responsible for daily explosives inventory for jobsites.
* Track monthly inventory of shop materials.
* Maintain gun shop equipment.
* Schedule gun shop crew.
* Purchase and price check supplies.
* Work with various departments to improve and simplify the work process for operators and gun shop hands.
* Train shop hands.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
* 5+ years Wireline experience
Competencies & Key Behaviors
* Must be able to work in external environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures.
* Ability to verbally communicate with associates via a handheld transceiver and also customers.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions in a fast-paced environment.
* Knowledge of different gun types and what is needed for the proper loading of guns.
This position supervises the following positions:
* Gun Loader I
* Gun Loader II
* Gun Loader III
* Gun Loader Lead
* Service Technician, Lead
* Hot Shot Driver
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
* Gun Shop: This job operates in the Gun Shop. Incumbent may be required to work in a nine to twelve-hour shift following a 14/7 rotation. He/she must be flexible to work for extended, non-standard hours whenever there is a requirement. The job demands standing, walking for periods of 12 + hours per day and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state and local laws that prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, religion, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, inventory, lawn, mow, plant, production management, prune, ship, watering