Responsibilities include assisting the Service Center Human Resources Lead with day-to-day responsibilities, such as employee relations investigations, to ensure timely resolutions. Respond to field requests and needs such as audits of human resources processes and training of new location-based human resources and payroll representatives. Support leaders with human resources training and development such as performance management, employee engagement, talent acquisition and turnover reduction. Prepares or edits employee performance or disciplinary documentation as needed or requested. Develops relationships of trust and maintains regular dialogue with location leaders. Recommends new processes, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in services performed. Assist operations with affirmative action compliance.
This position is based in McAllen and will also cover locations in San Antonio and Brownsville
80% Travel between Texas locations, out of state travel to operations and occasional travel to the Service Center in California for training and meetings is required.
* Assist operations with affirmative action compliance
* Provide human resources training
* Assist with acquisitions and transitioning employees
* Coach and assist management employees in disciplinary matters
* Advise in wage and hour law and other regulatory matters
* 2+ years' experience in Human Resources including Employee Relations and leadership training
* Working knowledge of state and federal labor law
* Must be Bilingual English/Spanish
* PHR, SPHR or SHRM SC Certification a plus
* A highly organized and detail-oriented professional who can work independently, but who also functions as a team member
* A positive, flexible and caring personality who displays good judgment, inspires confidence and handles confidential matters with discretion
* An effective communicator, articulate speaker and trainer, and focused listener who has a pleasant telephone personality
* Possesses excellent verbal presentation and writing skills
* Adept at MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint with the ability to learn programs quickly
ESI offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive base salary and bonuses. The successful candidate's long-term success will only be limited by his/her performance.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume with salary history/requirements and include a brief cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for our team.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-Time, Employee
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D insurance plans, 401(k) with matching contribution, vacation, sick and holiday pay
Location: McAllen, TX
Schedule: 8am ? 5pm 40 hrs/week; but a flexible schedule may be possible for the right individual
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs
Associated topics: administrator, chief human resource officer, chro, director, guide, leader, manager, president, senior associate, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.