- Bridgestone Corporation
- $46,560.00 -65,000.00/year*
2711 S Broadway Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Perform service (mount, balance, rotate, and repair tires) and repair work for customers as directed by Service Manager (both inside and mobile).
Responsible for safe operation of company vehicles including compliance with speed and traffic regulations.
Insure truck is adequately supplied with tubes, repair materials, and replacement tires before departing store location to handle service calls.
Any other duties as assigned.
Insure that service truck, all tools and equipment are in good operating condition.
Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections at the beginning of each work day and immediately report operating problems or mechanical defects to the Service Manager.
Check all fluid levels in truck and air compressor during pre-trip inspection.
Maintain vehicle cleanliness (inside & out).
Performs general service work specific to alignments on vehicles using fixed and mobile equipment.
Advises sales representatives concerning possible issues and makes recommendations.
Perform jobs using proper and safe procedures at all times.
Use personal protective equipment according to regulations and policies.
Maintain standards of cleanliness.
Maintain equipment in good working order. Notify manager immediately of defects.
Be able to perform all duties/tasks of Tire Tech 1.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL DEMANDS:
* Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
* 100+ pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
* Operate forklift as required with proper certification.
* Environment is very hot during summer months and cold during winter months.
* Exposure to various chemicals used in cleaning, lubrication, etc.
* Frequent bending, twisting and lifting.
* Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
NATURE OF DECISION-MAKING:
* Types of repairs necessary.
* Material to best complete the service work requested.
* Determine if replacement or repair is necessary.
In order to progress to Tire Technician 3 the following is required:
* TIA level 3 certification (U.S. only)
* 2+ years applicable experience at Tire Technician 2 proficiency level
* Satisfactory work, safety and attendance record
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, fleet management, management, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, svce, technician, union
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.